Arbitrary Waveform Generator Industry Overview
The global arbitrary waveform generator market size is expected to reach USD 557.8 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of over 9% from 2019 to 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing number of applications of these generators across numerous end-use sectors is expected to drive the arbitrary waveform generator (AWG) market growth over the forecast period. There has been a considerable rise in the investments and R&D activities carried out in various sectors, including healthcare, telecommunications, and aerospace & defense, which have led to the introduction of sophisticated and technologically advanced equipment. As a result, AWGs are expected to be the standard for the simulation of waveforms owing to the high complexity of electronic systems.
Arbitrary Waveform Generator Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global arbitrary waveform generator market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region.
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Single-channel, Dual-channel.
- The dual-channel AWG segment is expected to emerge as the highest revenue generating segment by 2025. These generators are increasingly being preferred over their counterparts to serve a wide range of applications.
- The growing preference for this type can be attributed to benefits such as better synchronization as compared to single-channel variants and the ability to combine the output of both the channels.
- The single-channel AWG segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial CAGR over the next six years. Advantages associated with the use of single-channel AWG, such as cost-effectiveness as compared to the dual-channel variants, are leading to increased adoption of these AWGs.
- The demand for this type is also increasing owing to the presence of a user-friendly interface. Additionally, such generators are being widely used in communication systems, which require narrowband channels.
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) AWG, Variable-clock AWG, Combined AWG.
- The combined AWG segment is expected to exhibit the fastest growth over the next six years. They form a combination of both, DDS and variable-clock technology, and thereby, exhibit the advantages of both technologies in a single unit of test equipment.
- The revenue generated by the Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) AWG segment was estimated to be almost USD 140 million in 2018 and the segment is projected to witness substantial growth from 2019 to 2025. The technology has been a preferred choice for waveform generation over the past few years.
- The benefits offered by this technology include enhanced ability to perform real-time frequency sweeps, convenient usage, and cost-effectiveness. Additionally, most manufacturers prefer the DDS technology for waveform generation owing to its constant clock rate. The constant clock rate allows them to use high-performance and cost-effective filters for the removal of digital artifacts from the output signals.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Telecommunications, Education, Healthcare, Electronics, Industrial, Others.
- The telecommunications segment is anticipated to generate the highest revenue, surpassing USD 120 million, by 2025.
- The industry is witnessing an increase in the demand for AWGs for testing complex semiconductor components, which are embedded in the electronic devices used in wireless technologies. Furthermore, modern communication systems, such as Wi-Fi and LTE, also require testing. This is expected to drive the demand for these generators in the telecommunications sector.
- The education segment is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing application segment, exhibiting a CAGR of over 11% from 2019 to 2025. Increasing use of AWGs by lab managers and professors in institutions and universities for signal measurement of various equipment is expected to drive the industry growth.
Arbitrary Waveform Generator Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The competition in the global AWG market is intense owing to its consolidated nature, where a few players hold a strong position in the market.
Some prominent players in the global arbitrary waveform generator market include
- B & K Precision Corporation
- DynamicSignals LLC
- Fluke Corporation
- Keysight Technologies
- National Instruments
- Pico Technology
- RIGOL Technologies Inc.
- Rohde & Schwarz
- Stanford Research Systems Inc.
- Teledyne LeCroy
- Tektronix, Inc.
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Arbitrary Waveform Generator Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519