Automated Test Equipment Industry Overview
The global automated test equipment market size is expected to reach USD 8.94 billion by 2028, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing adoption of System on Chip (SoC) coupled with high demand for consumer electronics is anticipated to drive the growth. Growing electronic content in automotive sector and penetration of smartphones is expected to drive the market. Furthermore, the demand for Automated Test Equipment (ATE) in manufacturing industry as the test equipment save the manufacturing cost and helps in eliminating the defective devices is projected to continue fueling the market.
Automated Test Equipment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global automated test equipment market on the basis of product, vertical, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into non-memory ate, memory ate, discrete ate.
- The non-memory ATE segment led the automated test equipment market and accounted for more than 66% share of the global revenue in 2020.
- Recent innovations in IoT devices and autonomous vehicles along with significant advancements in defense and aerospace sectors have drastically changed the market dynamics.
- The product segment is further segregated into non-memory, memory, and discrete automated test equipment. Increased complexities in semiconductor chip manufacturing needs a significant amount of test cost and time.
Based on the Vertical Insights, the market is segmented into automotive, consumer, aerospace & defense, it & telecommunications, others.
- The IT and telecommunications ATE segment led the market and accounted for more than 48% share of the global revenue in 2020.
- The others segment includes Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), entertainment, e-commerce, and medical. Increasing application of automatic test equipment in the semiconductor assembly and manufacturing industry is expected to drive the demand for ATE.
- The IT and telecommunication vertical is expected to have a significant market over the forecast period.
Automated Test Equipment Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The ATE market is consolidated, wherein the top players accounted for the majority of the market share in 2020. The companies such as Teradyne Inc. and Advantest Co., Inc. are identified as the prominent ATE providers.
Some prominent players in the global automated test equipment market include
- Aemulus Holdings Bhd (“Aemulus”)
- Chroma ATE Inc.
- Aeroflex Inc. (a subsidiary of Cobham plc)
- Astronics Corporation
- Advantest Corporation
- LTX-Credence Corporation (Xcerra Corporation)
- Teradyne Inc.
- STAr Technologies Inc. (a subsidiary of Innotech Corporation)
- Tesec Corporation
- Roos Instruments, Inc.
- Marvin Test Solutions Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Automated Test Equipment Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519