Chemical peeling is one of the most common cosmetic procedures considered for treating skin disorders like – acne & acne scar. The peeling is done with chemical agent application on the target area which is capable of inducing the exfoliation of the superficial layers of the skin. This process is followed by the regeneration of the epidermal and dermal layers of the skin improving the appearance and texture of the skin. Depending upon the targeting skin layers, a peeling agent of varying strength is used to target the required depth of the skin. Chemical peeling in Bangalore for superficial or medium depth is considered for treating acne and is sometimes combined with other topical treatments/procedures for optimal results.
Skincare tips to follow before chemical peeling treatment:
- Inform the doctor about any medication followed regularly.
- Inform about any tretinoin/retinol treatment taken earlier.
- Application of the prescribed cream/lotions as per instructions.
- Avoid skin-related procedures like waxing, epilation or hair removal (with depilatory products), and hair bleaching
- Avoid using exfoliants or facial scrubs one week before the peeling procedure.
The Chemical Peeling Procedure Is Done In 3 Steps :
- Preparation of the skin: the marked skin is cleansed thoroughly and a topical anesthetic is applied to numb the skin. The eyes are covered/protected
- Application of the chemical peeling agent
- After 15-20 minutes, the chemical agent is washed off or neutralized. To ease the stinging sensation, a cool compress treatment for a few minutes is done.
The benefits from chemical peeling are as follows :
- Treats acne and minimizes the pore
- Removal of dead skin
- Uniform skin tone and texture
- Minimal downtime
- Can be combined with other treatment options for acne and acne scar
Instructions to follow :
- Chemical peeling is advised for acne treatment after the age of 18 years.Post-peeling session, the skin starts rejuvenating with re-epithelization. The deep peeling process takes a longer time to heal when compared to superficial peeling.
- One can look forward to the optimal visible results in 2-3 weeks’ time, Light make-up or cosmetic products can be used after 3-4 days. Post-peeling, the sensitive skin starts heeling with re-epithelization.
- The patient needs to take care of sensitive skin with proper moisturizing and sun protection. Instructions of the dermato-surgeon should be followed for optimal results.
- Each chemical peeling session may last for 15-25 minutes depending upon the type of chemical peeling undertaken. Deep peeling is longer than the superficial peeling procedure.
Following skin care instructions need to be followed post-peeling procedure :
- Medication to be taken as prescribed for preventing infection
- Moisturizing the treated skin with white petroleum for facilitating re-epithelization
- Application of an ice pack to ease the discomfort and edema
- Protection from sun rays is a must by applying sunscreen and using physical barriers like a scarf or umbrella
If your’e seeking for chemical peeling treatment in Bangalore visit our dermatologist.
To know more Visit our website skinpoint.in or call us at 9743161718, 6364828383
Read our related treatment :