Points of Content:
- What is Indefinite Leave to Remain UK?
- What is a UK Partner Visa?
- What is the Difference between Indefinite Leave to Remain UK & UK Partner Visa?
What is Indefinite Leave to Remain UK?
Indefinite Leave to Remain is a special immigration status in the United Kingdom. It allows people to stay in the country indefinitely, without any restrictions. Indefinite leave to remain in the UK is a type of visa that is granted after you have lived in the UK for a period of five years. You can apply for indefinite leave to remain if you are a citizen of any country other than the EU. UK Visas and Immigration, formerly known as the UK Border Agency, provides an online application form for indefinite leave to remain.
What is a UK Partner Visa?
A UK Partner Visa is a visa for a partner of a British citizen who wants to come to the UK and live with their partner. It is given to partners of UK citizens who want to come and live in the United Kingdom. There are different types of UK partner visas depending on the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor.
The partner can be a married, unmarried, civil, or same-sex partner. Although some visas are more suitable for certain relationships than others. To apply for this visa, you must be in a relationship with your partner and they must be either settled in the UK or if they are settled outside the UK you will need to prove that you are able to stay with them on their passport.
What is the Difference between Indefinite Leave to Remain UK & UK Partner Visa?
Indefinite Leave to Remain UK is given to any person who has been present in the UK for 10 years without being absent for more than 180 consecutive days. On the other hand, the UK Partner Visa is a form of settlement visa given to any person who is married or in a civil partnership with someone from outside of the European Union (EU).
- The main difference between indefinite leave to remain and Partner visa UK is that while the latter is based on marriage, the other is based on a long-term relationship. Furthermore, A partner visa UK does not have an income requirement but indefinite leave to remain requires income.
- Indefinite leave UK provides indefinite leave in the United Kingdom with no time limits for when it expires. However, there are a few instances where you cannot apply and you need to apply for a Partner Visa instead.
In conclusion, it is important to note that the indefinite leave to remain in the UK and the UK Partner Visa are both permanent residence options for couples. It will be interesting to see which of these visa options is better for couples in the future.