Embedded Non-Volatile Memory Industry Overview
The global embedded non-volatile memory market size is expected to reach USD 471.5 Million by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The emergence of memory technology such as RRAM and revamp in the FRAM architecture are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Surge in demand for Internet of Thing (IoT) applications in order to build smart devices is also expected to catapult the industry demand over the next seven years.
Demand for automation across several end-use industries including industrial, automotive, and consumer electronics might provide avenues for industry growth. Rapid industrialization in developing regions is also expected to drive product demand over the forecast period.
Embedded Non-Volatile Memory Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global embedded non-volatile memory market on the basis of product and region:
Based on the Outlook Insights, the market is segmented into eFlash, eE2PROM, FRAM.
- eFlash is expected to dominate the product segment owing to high penetration in automobiles, smart cards, consumer electronics, and industrial applications. However, the shift in the adoption of eFlash to FRAM in IoT microcontroller devices might drive the eFlash growth in the automotive sector.
- eE2PROM is closely related to eFlash in functioning, durability, density as well as read & write throughput. However, the size of eE2PROM varies widely owing to the integration of the security module, which extends the application area from SIM card, social security card, U-key, and bank card to a variety of security ICs.
- Ferroelectric RAM (FRAM) is a hybrid memory, which can be efficiently used as a substitute for straight flash and SRAM combined. CMOS technology has eliminated the issues pertaining to density in FRAM, and is, therefore, expected to provide avenues for growth. FRAM demand was low as compared to eFlash and eE2PROM.
- FRAM is primarily used in microcontrollers pertaining to IoT devices and systems. Resistive RAM (RRAM) is another embedded hybrid memory, capable of storing up to 1 TB of data on a single chip, using the ability of 3D-stacking multiple cells in different configurations in order to save space while still increasing the storage limits.
Embedded Non-Volatile Memory Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
eNVM product manufacturers emphasize on scaling down the semiconductor side, by manufacturing highly compact process nodes while increasing efficiency and reducing cost. Key industry players focus on incorporating or embedding several application-related modules such as the security module for smart card and security ICs as a part of their core business strategy.
Some prominent players in the global embedded non-volatile memory market include
- United Microcontroller Corporation (UMC)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC)
- eMemory Technology Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Embedded Non-Volatile Memory Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519