Gas Detection Equipment Industry Overview
The global gas detection equipment market size is expected to reach USD 8.38 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2021 to 2028. The market growth can be attributed to the growing awareness among governments regarding the harmful effects of greenhouse gases, coupled with their increased efforts toward protecting the environment. Major industries such as petroleum, oil, and gas, among others are needed to comply with safety and environmental regulations which are also major factors driving the market growth.
Gas Detection Equipment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global gas detection equipment market on the basis of product, technology, end-use, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Fixed Gas Detector, Portable Gas Detector.
- The fixed gas detectors segment dominated the market in 2020 and accounted for over 65.0% share of the global revenue.
- Fixed gas protection systems are installed with the aim of providing personnel safety and plant protection. These sensors are designed to monitor multi or single hazardous gases in safe areas. The demand for the segment is high due to its increasing use in the food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and oil and gas sectors.
- The portable gas detectors segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth over the forecast period. Portable gas detectors can remotely monitor industrial and commercial units, owing to which they are in higher demand than the traditional fixed gas detectors.
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into Semiconductor, Infrared (IR), Laser-based Detection, Catalytic, Photoionization Detector (PID), Others.
- The infrared gas detection technology segment dominated the market in 2020 and accounted for over 26.0% share of the global revenue. These detectors can operate in both oxygen-poor and oxygen-rich environments. Infrared gas detection technology-based equipment is used for detecting hydrocarbon gas with infrared light.
- The detectors consist of an optical filter and source of infrared light used to select the proper wavelength. They are used in air cleaners and air purifiers to control air pollutants.
- The semiconductor segment is expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period. Semiconductor gas sensors have a wide range of applications in process control, safety, environmental monitoring, and medical diagnosis, among others.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Medical, Building Automation & Domestic Appliances, Environmental, Petrochemical, Automotive, Industrial, Others.
- The industrial segment dominated the market in 2020 and accounted for over 21.0% share of the global revenue.
- Gas detection equipment used for industrial purposes ensures safety in all working environments. These detectors are used in mining sectors for detecting carbon dioxide and oxygen in mines. The increasing use of gas detection equipment in industries such as pharmaceuticals and food and beverage is also driving the market growth.
- The petrochemical segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth over the forecast period. The increasing use of gas detection equipment for monitoring hazardous gases in oil refineries, pipelines, processing plants, and LPG/LNG plants is driving the segment growth.
Gas Detection Equipment Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The competitive landscape is highly fragmented in nature. Market players are focused on partnerships, product innovation, geographical expansion, and research & development to strengthen their market positions.
Some prominent players in the global gas detection equipment market include
- Airtest Technologies, Inc.
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- Fluke Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Gas Detection Equipment Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519