Hand Protection Industry Data Book Covers Disposable Gloves, Disposable Medical Gloves, Nitrile Gloves, Rubber Gloves and Nonwoven Disposable Gloves Markets.
The economic value generated by the hand protection equipment markets was estimated at approximately USD 23.8 billion in 2022.
Disposable Gloves Market Report Highlights
The global disposable gloves market size was valued at USD 10.29 billion in 2022, and it is expected to reach USD 16.12 billion by 2030. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% CAGR (2023-2030).
- By material, the nitrile segment is estimated to expand at the fastest CAGR of 6.8% from 2022 to 2030 in terms of revenue owing to the increasing adoption of nitrile gloves in the chemical, medical, painting, laboratory, dentistry, and oil sectors
- Based on product, powder-free gloves accounted for the largest revenue share of over 70.0% in 2021 on account of the rising preference for non-powdered gloves across many industries, including chemical, medical, and food processing
- The medical and healthcare end-use segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 75.0% in 2021 owing to its ability to provide barrier protection against the risk associated with the on-the-job transmission of germs and other environmental contaminants
- The market in India is likely to witness significant growth from 2022 to 2030 on account of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with the growing healthcare industry owing to the rising expenditure by the public and private players and growing disposable incomes
Disposable Medical Gloves Market Report Highlights
The global disposable medical gloves market size was estimated at USD 7.65 billion in 2022, and it is anticipated to reach USD 11.61 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 5.3% CAGR (2023-2030).
- The natural rubber material segment contributed to the maximum revenue share in 2021. These materials are flexible and easy to wear & use, which makes them ideal for use in handling water-based or biological materials
- The demand for surgical disposable medical gloves is expected to witness significant growth from 2022 to 2030 on account of precise sizing and design that offers high accuracy and tactile sensitivity as required by healthcare workers
- The hospital end-use segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021 owing to the high prevalence of chronic diseases, which increased the number of hospital visits and re-admissions
- The Asia Pacific regional market is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the rapidly growing healthcare infrastructure including hospitals and clinics coupled with rising medical tourism
- In December 2021, Supermax Corp. Berhad incorporated Maxter Healthcare Inc., a new wholly-owned subsidiary in the U.S. to produce Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and medical gloves
Nitrile Gloves Market Report Highlights
The global nitrile gloves market size was estimated at USD 6.55 billion in 2022, and it is anticipated to reach USD 10.19 billion by 2030. The market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2023 to 2030.
- The powder free segment contributed to 72.8% of the global revenue share in 2022 owing to their increasing preference across numerous industries, including medical, food processing, and chemical
- The penetration of disposable nitrile gloves is expected to witness growth at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2023 to 2030 on account of their cost-effectiveness, ease-of-disposal characteristics, and rising demand from healthcare and F&B industries
- The market in India is likely to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% over the forecast period on account of factors such as increasing demand for PPE, greater health awareness, and increasing expenditure by the public and private players in the healthcare industry
- In March 2020, Hartalega Holdings Berhad announced a land purchase to expand its glove production facilities in Sepang, Malaysia, as the demand for hand protection surged due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Access the Global Hand Protection Industry Data Book, 2022 to 2030, compiled with details like market sizing information & forecasts, trade data, pricing intelligence, competition benchmarking, macro-environmental analyses, and regulatory & technological framework studies
Rubber Gloves Market Report Highlights
The global rubber gloves market size was estimated at USD 13.4 billion in 2022, and it is expected to reach USD 18.28 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 3.9% CAGR (2023-2030).
- The natural rubber segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2021 due to widespread use of these products in the medical and food & beverage sectors on account of their features, such as high elasticity and chemical resistance
- The adoption of disposable rubber gloves is estimated to witness a significant CAGR from 2022 to 2030 due to the low cost and single-use characteristic of these products
- The powder-free products segment is expected to rise at the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030 owing to the suitability of these products for use in damp environments and the presence of strict regulations prohibiting the use of powdered gloves, which can cause skin infections
- Europe accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2021 due to high product adoption in heavy-duty sectors to minimize infections and hand injuries
- Moreover, significant demand in nations, such as Italy, Ukraine, France, and Croatia, due to the COVID-19 pandemic supported the region’s growth
- Market participants’ strategies for gaining a competitive advantage include supply chain development, partnerships, value chain integration, and distribution network growth
Nonwoven Disposable Gloves Market Report Highlights
The global nonwoven disposable gloves market size was valued at USD 706.1 million in 2018, and it is expected to reach USD 975 million by 2025, accelerating at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period.
- Wetlaid technology segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate of 4.9% over the forecast period in comparison to other technologies on account of its properties such as anti-bacterial, liquid repellent, and breathable & soft fabric
- Non-soaped segment is expected to account for a major share of the market as compared to pre-soaped gloves segment owing to its rising use in healthcare facilities, where the risk of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) is high
- Asia Pacific for nonwoven disposable gloves market is expected to witness the fastest growth rate of 5.7% owing to the rising healthcare expenditure, increasing demand for advanced healthcare services, and increasing consumer awareness regarding HAI
- Mexico is expected to emerge as a major growth driver triggering the demand for nonwoven disposable gloves in North America owing to government initiatives, such as the National Infrastructure Plan, which is expected to improve healthcare services in the country
- Manufacturers are coming up with innovative strategies to lure new customers and distribute nonwoven disposable gloves directly to hospitals, commercial institutions, and consumers to avoid additional costs.
Chemo Graded Nitrile Powder-free Medical Examination Gloves Market Report Highlights
The global chemo graded nitrile powder-free medical examination gloves market size was valued at USD 0.24 billion in 2020, and it is anticipated to reach USD 494.9 million by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2019 to 2028.
- Asia Pacific accounted for revenue share of 42.1% in 2020 owing to the high cancer prevalence and high mortality rate caused by cancer in the region
- China is anticipated to witness a CAGR 8.7% over the forecast period, as the healthcare infrastructure is expanding rapidly, resulting in improving the cancer screening process and cancer treatment in China
- Germany is expected to witness a CAGR 7.5% over the forecast period on account of the presence of advanced infrastructure & technology coupled with government support to revolutionize medical treatment
- Manufacturers of chemo graded nitrile gloves are focusing on rising production capacity by expanding their facilities. For instance, in March 2020, Hartalega purchased land to expand its glove production facilities in Malaysia
- Furthermore, the market players are focusing expansion of business footprints globally. For instance, in December 2020, Ansell Ltd. acquired the Primus brand to increase its presence in India
Order your copy of the Free Sample of “Hand Protection Industry Data Book – Disposable Gloves, Disposable Medical Gloves, Nitrile Gloves, Rubber Gloves and Nonwoven Disposable Gloves Market Size, Share, Trends Analysis, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” Data Book, published by Grand View Research
Key players operating in the hand protection industry are –
- Top Glove Corp. Bhd.
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Superior Gloves
- Adenna LLC
- MCR Safety
- Atlantic Safety Products, Inc.
- Ammex Corp
- Kimberly-Clark Corp
- Sempermed USA, Inc.
- Halyard Health, Inc.
Grand View Research’s personal protective equipment database is a collection of market sizing information & forecasts, trade data, pricing intelligence, competitive benchmarking analyses, macro-environmental analyses, and regulatory & technological framework studies. Within the purview of the database, such information is systematically analyzed and provided in the form of outlook report and summary presentations on individual areas of research.
Go through the table of content of Hand Protection Industry Data Book to get a better understanding of the Coverage & Scope of the study
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Micro Markets