Intravenous Immunoglobulin Industry Overview
The global intravenous immunoglobulin market size is expected to reach USD 21.1 billion by 2030, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing prevalence of immunodeficiency diseases, coupled with the adoption of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapies, is expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period. In addition, increasing off-label use of immunoglobulin and investments in the healthcare sector are factors propelling the market growth. Moreover, increasing incidences of bleeding disorders and the growing geriatric population are the factors contributing to the industry growth.
Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global intravenous immunoglobulin market on the basis of application, distribution channel, and region:
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Hypogammaglobulinemia, CIDP, Immunodeficiency Diseases, Congenital AIDS, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Myasthenia Gravis, Multifocal Motor Neuropathy, ITP, Kawasaki Disease, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Others.
- In 2021, immunodeficiency diseases dominated the market with a revenue share of over 20.0% owing to the increasing incidence of primary and acquired immunodeficiency diseases (PID & AID). PID & AID need to be treated with IV antibiotics to clear the infections. IVIG replacement therapy is the best available alternative for the treatment of immunodeficiency diseases.
- The chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy segment held the second-largest share in 2021. It is usually found in patients with diabetes mellitus. The treatment of CIDP involves the use of immunosuppressive drugs, steroids, and plasmapheresis. IVIG is an effective and long-lasting alternative to these methods.
- Hypogammaglobulinemia accounted for the third-largest revenue share in 2021. This can be attributed to the increasing incidences of primary immunodeficiency diseases (PID) worldwide. It is the most common chronic immune defect in patients with lymphoproliferative disorders (LPDs).
- The Kawasaki disease segment is expected to witness lucrative growth owing to rising incidences of Kawasaki disease in children and rising demand for IVIG procedures for its treatment. The alternative for IVIG therapy is steroids which have more side effects; hence the penetration of IVIG therapies for the treatment of Kawasaki disease is expected to grow in the coming years.
Based on the Distribution Channel Insights, the market is segmented into Hospital Pharmacy, Specialty Pharmacy, Others.
- The hospital pharmacy segment dominated the market with a revenue share of over 55.0% in 2021 owing to the large network of hospitals and the convenient range of products that are easily accessible through hospital pharmacies.
- Moreover, the growing incidence of primary immune deficiencies, hepatitis C, and other diseases has resulted in an increment in the number of hospitalizations worldwide, expanding the customer preference for hospital pharmacies.
- Furthermore, hospitals offer fast reimbursement, treatment, and proper care to a large number of patients, enabling a surge in the prevalence of patients selecting hospital pharmacies.
- The specialty pharmacy segment is anticipated to grow significantly during the forecast period as specialty pharmacies enable easy treatment at home. Specialty drugs are an important and dynamic part of the pharmacy business.
Intravenous Immunoglobulin Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
This industry is witnessing a significant boost owing to the growing number of FDA approvals. Owing to this, a number of local and international players are investing in the IVIG business. Market players are adopting various strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, distribution, and other collaborative agreements to gain a greater share by increasing their market penetration.
Some prominent players in the global intravenous immunoglobulin market include
- Biotest AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Octapharma AG
- LFB Biotechnologies
- Grifols SA
- CSL Behring
- China Biologics Products Inc.
- Kedrion Biopharma
- BDI Pharma Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Intravenous Immunoglobulin Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519