Masterbatch Industry Overview
The global masterbatch market size was valued at USD 5.60 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% from 2022 to 2030.
The replacement of metal with plastics in the end-use industries including automotive and transportation, building and construction, consumer goods, and packaging is expected to be a key factor driving the global market over the forecast period. The product is available in solid and liquid forms and is used for imparting color and enhancing useful properties of polymers such as antistatic, antifog, antilocking, UV stabilizing, and flame retardation. Various types of carrier polymers such as polypropylene, polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, and polyethylene terephthalate are preferred along with the product for use in injection molding and extrusion processes.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Masterbatch Market
The U.S. market size was valued at USD 877.38 million in 2021. The rising demand from the packaging industry in the U.S. is expected to boost market growth. There has been considerable growth in the packaging market in the U.S. on account of growth in the e-commerce business. The consumer goods manufacturers are providing attractive product packaging to attract a large number of customers to boost sales of their products. Different types of masterbatch are used in combination with polymers to make attractive packaging, which is projected to increase the product demand over the forecast period.
The increasing focus on the use of plastic in the automotive industry to reduce the vehicle weight and thereby improve the fuel efficiency is driving the demand for different types of plastic that use the product for imparting functional properties. The emerging economies of the Asia Pacific such as China, India, and Japan have witnessed an increase in automobile production activities. This is further expected to boost the demand for plastic components in the region over the forecast period. However, stringent environmental regulations related to the nonbiodegradability of plastics pose a challenge to the market as such regulations affect the adoption rate of plastics, which, in turn, has implications on the demand for the product.
Browse through Grand View Research's Paints, Coatings & Printing Inks Industry Research Reports.
- Plastic Market – The global plastic market size was valued at USD 593.00 billion in 2021. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing plastic consumption in the construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics industries is projected to support market growth during the forecast period.
- Polyvinyl Chloride Market – The global polyvinyl chloride market size was estimated at USD 56,304.9 million in 2016. The demand for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in construction applications is likely to remain strong owing to its cost-effectiveness, resistance to chemical corrosion, and durability.
Masterbatch Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global masterbatch market on the basis of type, carrier polymer, end-use, and region:
Masterbatch Type Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030)
Masterbatch Carrier Polymer Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Biodegradable Plastics
Masterbatch End-use Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030)
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Goods
- Automotive & Transportation
Masterbatch Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2019 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- July 2020: PolyOne (Avient Corporation) has signed to acquire the masterbatch business from Clariant. The deal was agreed at CHF 1.8 billion. The acquisition of the masterbatch business is expected to be closed by the third quarter of 2020.
- June 2020: Ampacet Corporation introduced two laser marking masterbatch solutions, namely, Laser Mark 1001074-E and Laser Mark 1001088-E, which has high contrast on a clear and dark surface.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global masterbatch market include
- A. Schulman, Inc.
- Ampacet Corporation
- Cabot Corporation
- Clariant AG
- Hubron International Ltd.
- Penn Color, Inc.
- Plastiblends India Ltd.
- Global Colors Group
- PolyOne Corporation
- Tosaf Group
Order a free sample PDF of the Masterbatch Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519