Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair Industry Overview
The global orthopedic soft tissue repair market size is expected to reach USD 9.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.3% from 2021 to 2028. The growing geriatric population, rising demand for minimally invasive procedures, an increasing number of sports injuries are key factors aiding market growth. Soft tissues commonly injured during sporting events and physical training include tendons, muscles, and ligaments. Strains, sprains, and contusions, along with tendinitis and bursitis, are the frequently occurring soft tissue injuries. Even with proper treatment, these injuries may take a long time to heal. The growing incidence of road accidents is expected to further boost the demand for soft tissue repairs. Rotator cuff tear, one of the most common shoulder injuries, is likely to significantly drive the market over the forecast period.
Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global orthopedic soft tissue repair market based on application, injury location, and region:
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into rotator cuff repair, epicondylitis, achilles tendinosis repair, pelvic organ prolapse, gluteal tendon repair, cruciate ligaments repair, hip arthroscopy, biceps tenodesis, others.
- The cruciate ligaments repair segment dominated the market for orthopedic soft tissue repair and accounted for the largest revenue share of 39.8% in 2020. The growth is attributed to the increasing incidence of ACL injuries during sporting activities.
- The increase in the number of sports activities is leading to a rise in the number of sports injuries among athletes, which is further propelling the demand for improved orthopedic soft tissue repair products.
- This segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth during the forecast period. Injuries to the ACL account for 40% to 50% of all knee ligament injuries. Increasing incidence of knee injuries and the introduction of innovative and technologically advanced products, which are cost-effective and patient-friendly, are among the major factors likely to drive the adoption of these surgeries.
Based on the Injury Location Insights, the market is segmented into knee, shoulder, hip, small joints.
- The knee application segment dominated the market for orthopedic soft tissue repair and held the largest revenue share of 39.0% in 2020.
- Soft tissue knee injuries are one of the most common musculoskeletal disorders, with the increasing prevalence of knee tissue tears, wear downs or impairments related to sports injuries, age-related issues, trauma, and accidents.
- The hip segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth in the market for orthopedic soft tissue repair during the forecast period. Its rapid growth can be attributed to the increasing incidence of hip joint dysfunction caused by soft tissue injuries.
Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of a large number of companies. This, in turn, is increasing competition in the market for orthopedic soft tissue repair. Key companies are undergoing the formation of multiple partnerships and MnA to increase their product portfolio, as well as, to expand their footprint across new regions.
Some prominent players in the global orthopedic soft tissue repair market include
- Arthrex, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes, Inc.
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Zimmer Biomet
- CONMED Corporation
- Integra LifeSciences Holding Corporation
- Smith & Nephew
Order a free sample PDF of the Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519