Pharmaceutical Stability & Storage Services Industry Overview
The global pharmaceutical stability & storage services market size was valued at USD 2.7 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2022 to 2030.
The global market has noticed critical growth on account of the rising R&D investments by pharmaceutical companies owing to the high burden of chronic and infectious diseases. Pharmaceutical organizations are increasingly focusing on their R&D activities to stay competitive & flexible. As per the estimates of Evaluate Pharma, the pharmaceutical R&D spending accounted for USD 182 billion, in 2018, whereas in 2021 it increased by 16.5% and accounted for USD 212 billion.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Pharmaceutical Stability & Storage Services Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the storage and stability market. During the crisis, global pharmaceutical stability and storage services providers played a predominant role in meeting the needs of pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, contract research organizations, and other end users. These organizations have been actively working towards the development of pharmaceutical samples, APIs, small & large molecules, and other pharmaceutical products.
In recent years the demand for biosimilar has improved significantly, as they are highly similar to biologics and are generally cheaper than biologics. Biosimilar has gained significant popularity in treating cancer, autoimmune diseases, and other chronic diseases. The high burden of these diseases globally is expected to fuel the demand for biosimilars and thus promote the demand for stability and storage of biosimilars. Different regulatory authorities have different data requirements and testing rules for testing stability, which makes it difficult to market products, especially across different markets. This is expected to boost the demand for outsourcing services in the market.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly increased demand for biological medicines like vaccines, as of 15th April 2022, over 349 vaccines were under development as per the WHO. This is expected to improve the demand for stability and storage of COVID-19 vaccines in clinical trials. Owing to the high burden of COVID-19, many COVID-19 vaccines received emergency approval. Such actions are likely to contribute to the demand for stability and storage of commercial vaccines.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market – The global pharmaceutical manufacturing market size was valued at USD 405.52 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.34% from 2021 to 2028. The pharmaceutical landscape has undergone a massive transformation with the emergence of new technologies, cost-effective, and more efficient manufacturing approaches.
- Pharmaceutical Logistics Market – The global pharmaceutical logistics market size was valued at USD 78.5 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% from 2022 to 2030. The short-term impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the market is a crucial factor for the fast-paced growth of pharmaceutical logistics.
Pharmaceutical Stability & Storage Services Market Segmentation
Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Drug Substance
- Stability Indicating Method Validation
- Accelerated Stability Testing
- Photostability Testing
- Other Stability Testing Methods
Molecule Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Small Molecule
- Research Products
- Commercial Products
- Large Molecule
- Research Products
- Commercial Products
Mode Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- February 2022: Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. announced the expansion of its manufacturing capacity in Bruntwood SciTech’s Alderley Park.
- September 2021: BioLife Solutions announced the acquisition of Sexton Biotechnologies. This acquisition will help in strengthening cell and gene therapy and broader biopharmaceutical.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global pharmaceutical stability & storage services market include
- Catalent Inc.
- Almac Group
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Eurofins Scientific SE
- Intertek Group plc
- Lucideon Limited
- Alcami Corporation
- Element Materials Technology
- BioLife Solutions
- Q1 Scientific
- Masy BioServices
- Reading Scientific Services Ltd.
- Roylance Stability Storage Limited
- ALS Ltd.'s
- Q Laboratories
- Auriga Research Private Limited
- PD Partners
- Precision Stability Storage
Order a free sample PDF of the Pharmaceutical Stability & Storage Services Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519