Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Industry Overview
The global surgical sealants and adhesives market size was valued at USD 1.82 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Sealants and adhesives have evolved to become useful accompaniments in modern surgical procedures. They are widely preferred because of their safety, efficacy, and usability in repairing injured tissues and supporting wounds obtained during surgery. The pandemic caused by COVID-19 across the globe resulted in nationwide lockdowns and exerted pressure on the healthcare settings. According to the list provided by the American College of Surgeons, all dental, medical, or surgical procedures that are nonessential and elective in nature were postponed, except for medical emergencies.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market
Factors contributing to the growth of this market are the rising demand for surgical services and increasing concerns to reduce surgical wounds. Globally, the number of surgeries being undertaken has increased significantly. According to the WHO estimations, approximately, 235 million major surgical procedures are undertaken worldwide every year. Surgical procedures are normally accompanied by the risk of wound infection, excessive bleeding, or tissue damage. In addition, patients suffering from diabetes need to be extra cautious as the chances of complications during and post-surgery are significantly higher in their case.
As the volume of surgeries is increasing, extensive R&D activities focused on the widening applications of surgical sealants and adhesives are also rising. Traditional alternatives to surgical sealants are sutures and staples, which are expected to be replaced by surgical sealants and adhesives owing to their better wound closure capabilities with minimal blood loss. The sealants facilitate less painful operations and do not need removal. Currently, sealants are facing limited market growth owing to their high costs. In addition, strict regulatory approvals are creating substantial challenges in market growth.
Browse through Grand View Research's Medical Devices Industry Research Reports.
- Surgical Equipment Market – The global surgical equipment market size was valued at USD 14.34 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% from 2022 to 2030. Factors such rising geriatric population, rise in the incidence of lifestyle diseases that eventually require surgery, growing healthcare costs, and large unmet surgical needs are primarily driving the market.
- Surgical Imaging Market – The global surgical imaging market size was valued at USD 4.6 billion in 2017 and it is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period. The growing geriatric population and awareness regarding radiography procedures are the key factors responsible for market growth. In addition, developments, in terms of technology, are likely to drive the market over the next few years.
Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical sealants and adhesives market report on the basis of type, application, and region:
- Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Natural or Biological Adhesives and Sealants
- Fibrin Sealants
- Collagen Based Adhesives
- Gelatin Based Adhesives
- Synthetic and Semi-Synthetic Adhesives and Sealants
- Polymeric Hydrogels
- Urethane Based Adhesives
- Natural or Biological Adhesives and Sealants
- Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- Central Nervous System
- General Surgery
- Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global surgical sealants and adhesives market include:
- Baxter International, Inc.
- CryoLife, Inc.
- C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Cohera Medical, Inc.
- Ethicon, Inc. [J&J]
- Mallinckrodt plc
- Cardinal Health
- Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation
Order a free sample PDF of the Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519