What if your Canon printer isn’t working and you’re in a rush to print some crucial documents? Even imagining it gives me the willies! But don’t worry; I’ll talk about simple How To Get My Canon Printer Back Online. The printer network, drivers, IP address, Print Spooler, and machine are among the many issues that could occur. Try to identify the root cause of Windows’ failure to scan the printer before moving on to troubleshooting. When a wireless network or router is used to connect a Canon printer to Windows 10 (Wi-Fi). Examine the desktop printer to see if it displays “Offline” or if printing is not currently feasible. Users of Canon printers could experience the following problems:
How Can I Change My Canon Printer From Offline To Online?
The rationale behind the PC’s and printer’s separate network connections. As previously indicated, there are a number of potential reasons why a wireless printer could become inactive or unresponsive to a print job. To start, you must locate the source of the issue and reset the printing system. One by one checks take time, but thorough checks are advised to ensure proper printing. If your Canon printer indicates that Canon printer offline, follow the instructions below to fix the issue.
1) Check that the printer is properly connected.
Check the internet connection if your Canon printer reports being disconnected.
- Check your internet connection by clicking the internet icon in the Notifications tray.
- If your printer is connected via network, you will need a steady internet connection for it to work.
- Make sure the PC and Canon printer are both plugged into the same network.
- Check the USB cord for any physical damage if you are using it to connect the printer.
- Alternately, you can try changing the USB port to see if it resolves the problem.
2) Restart The Print Spooler Service
Restart the print spooler service after confirming the USB cable and your internet connection. The Print Spooler service can frequently be restarted to resolve issues like offline printers. To do this, adhere to these steps:
- In the Windows search box, type “Services,” and then select the first result.
- Utilize the services pane to find the Printer Spooler service. Place a right-click on the service and select Stop.
- By pressing Win + R, launch the Run utility, and type Spool into the Run command box. Enter the key.
- Remove all items from the Printers folder. Print queues will be cleared as a result.
- Click Print Spooler with the right mouse button in the services window. To restart the service, click Start after that.
- Expand the properties by performing a right-click on the Print Spooler service.
- Automatic should be selected from the drop-down menu next to Startup type.
This should resolve the issue. However, if it doesn’t, move on to the following option.
3) Set the Canon printer as your default printer.
Check to see whether it is set as the default printer if the Canon printer is still showing as offline. Follow these instructions to do that:
- Press Win + I to access the Windows Settings menu.
- Printers & Scanners can then be found under Devices.
- Click Manage from the context menu of the Canon printer.
- Then, select Set as default. Canon printer ought to be online right now.
4) Disable the use of the offline printer feature.
If, after using the aforementioned technique, your Canon printer still indicates that it is offline, proceed as follows:
- In the Windows search box, type Control Panel when the Canon printer is turned on. Pick the first choice. As illustrated below, you can change the view by selecting Small Icons or Large Icons.
- Choose Devices & Printers from the menu.
- Select “Right-click” after locating the Canon printer in the list of printers.
- If the Use Printer Offline box is ticked, uncheck it.
5) Cancel every printing job
If the method described above does not resolve your issue, try clearing the printer queue by following the instructions below:
- Devices and Printers can be found by opening Control Panel.
- Right-click on the Canon printer you found. Select “See what’s printing” from the menu. All of the printing queue’s items should be cancelled.
- Check the Canon printer’s connectivity right now. Reinstall the printer drivers if necessary.
6) The printer drivers need be reinstalled.
Sometimes problems like this arise because of a corrupted printer driver. Reinstall the printer drivers to see if it resolves the issue. To do so, adhere to the directions below:
- Select Device Manager by performing a right-click on the Start button.
- Right-click the Canon Printer and then double-click the Printers queue. Decide to uninstall the device.
- To finish the procedure, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- When the procedure is complete, restart your computer, and the drivers will be reinstalled automatically.
For any difficulties, such as the canon printer being down or other errors, we have given you all the answers. You can get in touch with us if you need assistance with a specific issue, and we will take care of it for you.
References: how to put my canon printer online